Saturday, July 04, 2015

Legal executions

Firstly let me say that  I am opposed to capital punishment, on the grounds that it is  basically inhumane and because our justice system is imperfecr enough to allow an occasional innocent person to be executed. 

However, that being said, I don't understand the conflicts about using various combinations of drugs to kill a prisoner.  Why such a complicated and tedious system?  I have heard that an overdose of heroin kills almost instantly.  People who overdose are found dead with the needle still in their arm, which argues a certain instantaneous quality to the effect.  Why do we not use that method?   I'm sure there must be a reason that this is not done, but I (not being a drug user) do not understand.  Any readers out there have an answer to that question?

No comments:

Post a Comment