Friday, November 27, 2009

Just a rant about televised game announcers

Why don't the announcers on televised football games shut the hell up? I can watch a game live and enjoy it without any commentary. Where do tv producers get the idea that we have to be talked at throughout a football game? As if any time without talk was wasted?

And the inane things they say. I can't say I would do any better, but I can say I wouldn't do it at all. They say things like (and I quote) "They'll have to make more touchdowns to win the game". Now, when there's been a tough call on the field, it's useful to have that explained and shown from various points of view. That's the sort of thing announcers at live football games do. I don't mind that. I just don't want any more talk than the live announcers make during a game. I don't want to hear about the high school team one of the announcers played on. I don't want to hear meaningless statistics from 3 years back. I don't give a damn about any of the announcer's personal history. I just want them to shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment